Friday, July 23, 2010

Memory - The dairy that we all carry with us..

This is happening again... Thinking wat??? Its me going through old mails or chats and getting lost in thoughts and memories.. N then the usual.. b in mixed feeling.. upset abt few things n happy abt few things :) :)

Few weeks back i was just deleting some old mails in gmail account.. And today was doing the same in office outlook.. Found some mails where few things were shared... Few of them made me smile and few cried (okie.. nt literally cry.. But i was almost in that state).. And few of them kept me wondering.. How much ever i tried i cudnt delete them.. Finally ended up deleting most of the forwards..

And its during this time i askd myself are these mails (or say memories) worth keeping?? I still dont know the answer to this.. You might say keep the ones which u feel r worth remembering.. But hw do u decide that.. based on wat?? Shud i keep the ones that make me smile or the ones that make me sad.. some1 has said it right - "Memories play a confusing role. They make u laugh when u remember the time u cried and make you cry when u remember the time u laughed" (It was an sms sent by some1 :P )

When i find something that makes me happy i smile but next moment i wil b sad thinking that this wil never come back again.. And when i come across some incident or moments that makes me sad i wil get full upset and sometimes after that wil b a bit happy that i had those moments cz that wud hv brought some change in me or taught me some lesson... I hv moments that i hated the most and wished they had never come in my life and moments that were so close to my heart that i always wished that life wud stay stil at that moment..

In any case, its difficult to get rid of these memories.. happy or sad, we need to live with them.. But i just wished it wudnt haunt as at the wrong time.. Wish we had ctrl over them :) :)

Ending Note - "Memory is a way of holding onto the things you love, the things you are, the things you never want to lose". (Found this on net.. Would like to add "Memory is a way of holding onto ur past which is mixture of happy and sad moments")

No comments:

Post a Comment